Tips & Advice
Tips and Advice, at Express we collectively have over 50 years experience in the moving industry so below is a timeline guide in preparing for your move. Please remember this is a guide only, if you do not have the luxury of this time do not fret simply give us a call and we will work with you to achieve your move goals.
Six (6) weeks before your moving day
- This is the time to get things started, contact Express to either make a appointment for a surveyor to visit your home or book a date for your move.
- It is also a good time to start thinking about what you actually want to take with you to your new home and what you want to dispose of – spring clean time !
- Also time to confirm school details for children if not already confirmed.
Three (3) weeks before your moving day
- If you are completing the packing of cartons yourself, time to get this started.
- Contact Express to arrange delivery of your required packing materials.
Two (2) weeks before your moving day
- Redirect mail, banks, service providers and all other contacts that communicate with you via mail OR
- use our Express Connect service to assist you.
One (1) week before your moving day :
- Time to confirm all arrangements for pets and children for the move day.
The day prior to your moving day
- You will be contacted by Express to confirm all moving details. You will also need to make arrangements for food including refrigerated and frozen items.
- Dangerous good items such as fuels, gas bottles flammable items which we are unable to transport for you.
- Ensure all cartons and items are packed and prepared ready for the move. Make sure the boxes are labelled with the contents which will make it much simpler when unloading/unpacking.